Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC

Call For A Free Consultation

(253) 815-6940

Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC

Q: After a creditor starts a garnishment, what can I do to stop it?

  • By: Christopher Benson
  • Published: February 16, 2014

After a garnishment, can you request a re-payment plan instead of the enduring another round of being garnished?: My husband was being garnished for an old debt from his previous marriage. The company states they served him in 2008 when he was unemployed but he does not recall ever being served or have a record of it. He wanted to set up a payment plan with the company, but was refused. They were extremely unprofessional, belittling & rude. What are his options after he has been garnished he does not mind paying the debt but is there another way than garnishment? Does he have any rights after the garnishment? Does he have any rights at all as a consumer?

Christopher’s answer: You should meet with me as soon as possible to explore your options. If your family income is less than the Means Test allowed amount, you may be able to file a Chapter 13 and propose a plan payment that is much less than the amount the creditor is involuntarily taking from you.

I offer a free initial consultation concerning financial issues like this. So, you can explore your options for free and it may lead to significant relief for you and your family.

Over 32 years, the Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC have helped over 2,300 Washington client take control of their financial situation and Get a Fresh Start! Come and meet with me and the results for you might be surprising.

Here is the bonus: If a Creditor has involuntarily garnished more than $600 from you in the past 90 days, most of the time we can get all of your money back.

About the Author