Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC

Call For A Free Consultation

(253) 815-6940

Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC

How Can I Stop A Garnishment?

  • By: Christopher Benson
  • Published: April 29, 2014

If a creditor is garnishing your wages, filing bankruptcy stops it immediately. It also stops interest from accruing on unsecured debt, stops the creditor from charging you additional attorney/collection fees and stops creditor phone calls/letters.

There are several steps to accurately preparing and filing your case. However, our firm files these cases and stop garnishments on a daily/weekly basis. As fast as you can meet with me and get the required information to us, we can get your case filed and your garnishment stopped.

There is no charge to meet with me in person and find out your options.

The first step is to meet with me. Its a good idea to bring in 6 months of paystubs with you as well as the dates your were garnished and the amounts garnished each time. If you can get a copy of the garnishment order from your payroll department in advance of our meeting, that helps speed things up as well.

From there, I will give you a step by step guide on what needs to be done for you to take control of your financial situation.

Over the past 32 years, the Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson has helped over 2,300 of Washington clients take control of their financial situation. We can stop your garnishment and change your monthly payments for all your combined unsecured debt, and if you have had more than $600 garnished within the last 90 days, we can get all of the money back in most cases. But you have to act quickly–call (253) 815-6940 for your free consultation, or email us today. Evening and weekend appointments available.

About the Author